Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Puppy Flashback II : First Tricks

Part two of the puppy flashbacks, this was Chloe at 13 weeks (3 months and a week). I managed to teach her three obedience tricks, come, sit and down at this time. I myself find it awesome that she was able to learn these tricks. Shibas are not that difficult to train because of their high intelligence, and to top it off, Chloe is highly motivated by the treats and praise that she receives when she does what I want her to do.




I needed to repeat the commands here before she follows me. I learned later on that you only have to say the command once and let her think what you want her to do, especially when she knows the commands already.  I'm somehow proud of myself because this is the first time I've managed to teach a dog how to do stuff, and it's quite impressive of how intelligent they can be. Remember that teaching dogs or any other creature, even human beings requires a lot of work, patience, practice and motivation to be able to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...