Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Suumer Reminders


The flyers said it all. Even if its already the end of summer or not even summer in some places, the extreme heat we are experiencing right now pushed me to write this post. A lot of people leave dogs inside their cars along with this dying heat, and temperatures inside the car can be very extreme when left under the sun. It's even comparable to an oven. If it's hot for us humans, what more for the dogs with those thick fur of theirs?

There was this one afternoon and it was still scorching hot and I was driving home from work when I saw a pickup truck, with a dalmatian dog tied up on the back of the vehicle under the heat of the sun and was panting very hard. Seriously, they could have just let the dog ride inside where there's a lot of space for the poor one. 



I came across these flyers which is a project of a Shiba blogger in order to increase awareness regarding this topic and to raise funds for Saving Shibas, a shiba rescue group. You can purchase these flyers on etsy at a reasonable price. I'l be getting some too, carry it around and leave it on cars who leave their dogs inside their cars or distribute it to people who you knew have dogs. These may help educate dog owners to become a more responsible pet owner.






1 comment:

  1. Very nice post.

    I've had to have the store call the owners of a dog in the car before. Owners coarse didn't think it was an issue. :\

    I mean if you need to go in a store leave the dog at home.

    When ever I go places with the dogs it's usually to the pet store, dog park, or park, or something like that. coarse I always bring tons of water in case they need it.

    These flyers are a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...