Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Neutered Dog

The cone of shame is no fun at all!

I had little Maru Neutered more than a week ago. I've been thinking it's about time and due to a couple of reasons too. He's already over six months already, he's humping Chloe more than usual, he have been over active, a lot of pent up energy and being overly anxious around other dogs especially female ones. I'm hoping for a behavior improvement after the whole process.

Then again with the drastic question, Why do this to the poor little dog? I have my reasons which I had explained thoroughly already when Chloe was spayed back then, see Spayed Dog. Maru have two incisions, where he got neutered and one in his abdomen. He had an umbilical hernia since back when I got him so we got it fixed too.

Scratch more plz???

Due to the cone of shame, he won't be able to pick on his surgery sites but then he wont be able to scratch his head too, poor little one.

Plzz let us play now??

I also have to separate the two furballs within two weeks until the stiches are removed, because Chloe will definitely pick on the surgical sites instead of Maru if they were to be left alone together. So Maru has to be crated to keep them separated. No play time together for them in the meantime.

As of this time, I haven't seen any improvements yet, he is still the active dog that he is. Compared to Chloe back then when she was spayed who acted sickly, Maru acts like nothing happened. I guess I should be happy for that. Though I haven't taken Maru outside yet to meet other dogs since the neuter, I hope to see some changes in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...