Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sneezing pup

A week after I got Chloe, she started sneezing occasionally. I didn't mind it at first cause the vet stated that i should be concerned only when she sneezes ten times in an hour. The next day, I was woken up by a puppy sneezing non-stop accompanied by dry coughing at times. The situation had me really alarmed so I quickly dressed up and took off with Chloe to have her checked up by a vet. 

I looked up on local animal hospitals around the area through my phone and went to the nearest one, unfortunately, it is closed. I went to the next one near my current location, and it is also closed. I've come across two more hospitals, but they're also closed. What wrong with these places? maybe because it's a weekend and it's really early in the morning, around 6:30am. At last I arrived in an open emergency animal hospital, but still they declined me service for the reason that they will be closing in minutes and won't offer me much service, so she referred me to a hospital 5 miles away that is already open at that time. 

I arrived in the animal hospital and got Chloe examined thoroughly, it turned out to be kennel cough, a highly contagious canine illness characterized by inflammation of the upper respiratory system caused by a bacterial or viral infection. I have no idea where she got the disease, maybe from the car travels, or from our first vet visit where there are obviously a lot of dogs but what's important is we caught it early. The vet placed her on antibiotics, to be given twice a day for two weeks. I feel bad for Chloe getting sick as soon as she moved in with me but also felt relieved knowing that it's nothing serious and that she'll be fine soon.

That morning was really stressful, going on an adventure in search for open hospitals was no fun. But I'm glad that the two of us ended up in that hospital. The place was neat, the staff were really nice and reassuring, and I love the vet. I even enrolled Chloe on their puppy plan which includes her shots, lab works, and a lot more discounts. So I think I'll be sticking up with them for Chloe's care.

I'm scared, what are you going do to with me? I don't want no shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...