Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Shibapalooza!! 6th Annual Summer Shiba Picnic


Last Saturday, July 16, 2011, We went to the 6th Annual Summer Shiba Picnic sponsored and arranged by the Shiba Club of Southern California. We came a bit late because of a bunch of things I have to do before coming to the event and to top it off, I was up working all night. But that didn't stop us from coming to this wonderful event. It's not everyday that you'll see not just a bunch, but tons of shibas!



The event was held at Yorba Regional Park in the city of Anaheim. It was 20 miles away from home, a 30 minute drive. I think it wouldn't be a good idea to rant on how far the place was, a lot of people came from farther places like San Francisco and Arizona just to take part in the event.




And we get to see another three-legged Shiba whose name I didn't catch again. He actually won the three legged Shiba race with the humoms and hudads.


From the left, Chloe, Toshi, Aiko and Kuma. All three of them go to the same vet as we do.


We get to meet most of the Shiba bloggers as well. I've been looking for them since I got to the event. I decided not to post the photos of the humoms and and hudads, just the pups.


Suki from Jonathan Fleming's blog, and we get to see an excellent photographer at work.

Yuki from A Walk in the Park.

Chloe with the little Taro.

Sachi whom I just recently followed.


Tokyo from tokyoshiba.com

I almost forgot to include Prince Zuko from Demon Dog.

With Sinjin on the right and Sienna on the left from Sinjin the Shiba Wanderer. It's funny that I'm conversing with their owner not knowing that She's the voice behind Sinjin and Sienna.

Make sure to check them out they're great bloggers as well. Before finishing this long post, we did'nt come home empty handed. We won a raffle prize and bought some Shiba stuff as well.


The event was surely a blast, myself and Chloe really had fun. I wish Maru could come with us, maybe on the next event he can already tag along. We're looking forward for the next one.

7 comments:

  1. hi chloe!

    zorro was the name of the three-legged shiba. but her human couldn't run, so @shiba_rinji's hudad and his daughter ran the three-legged race with zorro and they won.

    thanks for sharing all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great event and beautiful dogs:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Taro for reminding us! Hudad can sometimes be so forgetful! zorro was pawesome, he did great! -Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, and seeing all these lovely pups gives me hope that there is still a Shiba out there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures I love the shikoku I know a few out in Cali from a forum I go to. =)

    I'm going to a shiba event in Madison WI I plan to take tons of pictures of the shiba inu and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saya, make sure to have fun and post a lot of pictures for us to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks whoever you are, i'm sure there's a shiba out there for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...