Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Update on Parasites

As reference from the last post, Maru seems to have unwanted parasites residing inside of him. He had some roundworms that presented on his stools after his deworming session from the vet. Quite Nasty if you ask me, so as the vet told me, I brought some stool samples the next day to be examined minus the worms of course. I'm not gonna go putting intestinal worms in a bottle.

Results came back and Maru's stool exam indicated that he have roundworm eggs and Giardia(a protozoan parasite) on his stool. The vet prescribed some antiparasitic drug, Fenbendazole to be given for five days to treat and eliminate the parasites and some follow up stool exams. I don't have much of a say on this, I just want to treat it and get rid of those unwanted boarders as soon as possible. I'm just worried that Chloe might have gotten it too since Giardia is transmitted through the oral - fecal route. They use the same puppy pads as well.  Maybe I'll have Chloe tested out too, but for now, we'll stick to Maru's treatment first.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like something that came from his breeder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe, I have yet to ask the breeder and have her dogs checked too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes, I agree - ask the breeder!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...