Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Shiba Inu Meetup Stories

This is the first time that we went to a Shiba Inu meetup. I have been a member of the group for a while now, but we haven't gone into any yet because it doesn't always fit my schedule. We went to one last June 11, 2011 in a dog park in the city of Irvine. I'm quite excited the day of the meetup because it will be the first time for me and Chloe to meet and play with other shibas and their owners!


 SHIBAS!



Shibas playing around


I was quite astonished with this male cream shiba who has a handicap. What I mean by a handicap was that he was a three legged dog, he misses one leg. This is the first time I've ever seen one so I don't know what to feel. It must have been hard for the owner and the dog as well, but from what I have observed while watching them, They really have a great relationship, the dog is very well mannered and is a sweet little boy. His handicap didn't hinder him from being a shiba and play around with all the other dogs. Sadly I can't remember the name of the dog, and even some of the dogs and owners I met, I'm really bad on recalling names.


Chloe behaved really well during the meetup. As usual, she enjoyed human attention very much. She played and ran a lot compared to the other Shiba attendees maybe because she was the only puppy and the youngest one in the group.

I have a Shiba smiling on me! (Chloe being curious as usual)


And this post won't finish without a video of our fun experience:

Chloe being aloof with her kind and playing with other dogs.


If you want to find a shiba inu meetup near you just go to http://shibainu.meetup.com/

If you want to join the Los Angeles/Orange County Shiba Inu Meetup group just go to http://www.meetup.com/LA-OCShibaInu/

Like the Page on Facebook to keep updated: http://www.facebook.com/LA.OCShibaMeetup

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog lnk. Looks like Chloe had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She surely did! i'm still working on a link page for my site, and i'll include the links there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 3 legged-shiba's name is "Bao-Bei" (means Precious Treasure in Chinese) and it's actually a female. And she is actually a small Jindo, not a shiba, and her missing a leg doesn't stop her from doing anything at all! She's quite a happy girl, happy to go anywhere with her family (daddy and a brother cream shiba). I just came across this blog when I did a search for images of "shiba play print". Amazing! We were only there for 2 weeks, went to one meetup, then had to go back to Texas.

    Ri-Jen Chou apr 9 2012

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...